Joining Yuba is to collaborate with a close-knit team and be involved in meaningful client engagements.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Posted: March 2021
Position Type: Full-time/Permanent
Travel Percentage: 1-3 days/month
This is a full-time position in our New York office for an Analyst or Associate to assist the firm’s senior professionals. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who enjoys working at a small firm and who has strong analytical and technical skills to focus on financial modeling and related analysis including:
- Creating and utilizing complex Excel models related to debt, swaps and financial ratios;
- Maintaining proprietary firm databases, including financial statement data entry and verification;
- Using database information to generate debt capacity and other peer analyses;
- Monitoring relevant tax-exempt and taxable fixed income transactions, both in the primary and secondary markets;
- Developing insightful, visually interesting and attractive graphs and tables that present information and data in a clear and organized manner;
- Researching and organizing financial and credit information for higher education and not-for-profit institutions;
- Interacting with colleagues and clients to analyze and present quantitative information, possible implications of various decisions and recommended approaches;
- Preparing presentation materials and memoranda describing market conditions and opportunities, including various financing options with pros/cons/risks/opportunities;
- Assisting in the maintenance and development of our client-specific web portal which provides market data and financial information; and
- Reviewing other analyses and materials prepared by colleagues, clients and third parties for accuracy and consistency.
Desired Experience and Skills
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with financial modeling and quantitative analysis;
- Understanding of financial statements and ratios;
- Well-developed Excel skills including modeling and graphing;
- Ability to learn quickly and become familiar with new financial software/tools, including DBC Finance (municipal bond structuring software) and Bloomberg;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and thoughtfully, while also knowing when to seek guidance and ask questions;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a genuine interest in working with higher education and not-for-profit institutions;
- Ability to work well in an intimate, collaborative environment focused on client relationships; and
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and conduct oneself with professionalism.
- BA or BS with extensive coursework in finance, economics and/or business required;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word;
- Interest in the capital markets and fundamental financial concepts;
- Prior work experience, preferably in a related field; and
- Desire to work with higher education and not-for-profit institutions